The Prunus x Subhirtella 'Autumnalis' - Autumnalis Flowering Cherry tree also called the rosebud cherry or winter cherry, is an native ornamental tree native to Japan. It is recognized as one of the most tolerant varieties available to handle cold, heat, and stress. It is has a relatively long lived lifespan and has a moderately fast grow rate. The flowers of the Autumnalis Cherry are delicate clusters of semi-double, pale pink to white flowers about ½ in diameter, with blooming period lasting from late fall to early spring. Like most ornamental cherries, it is a very showy tree while in bloom and is known for its beauty.
- This Autumnalis Flowering Cherry Tree -Prunus x Subhirtella 'Autumnalis' comes in a 1 Gallon pot
- Size: Mature size can reach up to 20' -30'ft in height and 15'-30'ft wide
- Light: Full sun
- Hardiness Zone: 6-8 View map
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Characteristics: Grows in an upright, spreading to rounded habit. Has an incredibly long blooming period from late fall to early spring. Blooms immense clusters of delicate, semi-double, pale pink to white flowers. Sharp toothed, lanceolate leaves emerge bronze tinted later maturing into green and finally orange to yellow before dropping to the ground in fall. Forming a light canopy that casts filtered shade from the sun. Produces small, pea-sized drupes that ripen in late summer that are enjoyed by hungry birds.
- Soil & Water: Prefers moist, relatively fertile, well-draining, sand, loam & clay soil.
*In accordance with your state regulations, we cannot ship this plant to: California
*Plants cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.
*Plants ship dormant in winter months.
*Images shown of mature plants.