The Paeonia Lactiflora 'Gay Paree' - 'Gay Paree' Peony, also referred to as 'Chinese Peony', is an herbaceous perennial with dark green, ribbed, lance shaped leaves and fragrant, anemone-shaped, rich cerise pink flowers. Each spring, new deep emerald green leaves emerge, creating a lush, large busy mound lasting well throughout fall. Followed by large, full, lotus-shaped, rich cerise pink blooms with frilly, ivory strap-like petals in the heart in late spring to early summer. These blooms grow on long, strong stems, so no staking or wire fencing are required to keep them upright.
- Prefers full sun for better blooms.
- Allow 3'-4' when planting for growth.
- This 'Gay Paree' Peony comes in a 1 Gallon pot
- Size: Mature size can reach 2'-3' high x 2'-3' wide
- Light: Full sun in cooler climates and part sun warmer climates.
- Characteristics: Classified as a late blooming species, blooming in late spring. Flowers can be cut and used in flower arrangements. Attracts butterflies and pollinators. Produces large, lotus-shaped, rich cerise pink blooms with ivory strap-like petals in the heart.
- Hardiness zone: 3-8
- Growth Rate: Slow - Moderate
- Soil, Water, Fertilize: Moist, fertile, loamy, well draining soil with the pH 3.7 - 7.0. Can do sandy to clay soils. Deer and rabbit resistant. Regular watering is recommended in areas with drought/extreme heat. Fertilize during transplanting or sparingly after growing season and cutting blooms off in summer. Pruning is recommended when flowering season has concluded, cut foliage back to the ground in fall for frost. Plant 6 weeks before winter or early fall to become established and survive the winter. Bloom on the second year of planting.
*We cannot ship plants to Alaska or Hawaii.
*Plants ship dormant in winter months.
*Pictures shown are of mature plants and not what you will receive