- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon white wine vinegar more for later
- 6 pieces bone-in skin on chicken (I used 2 chicken breasts and 4 thighs)
- 6-8 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 ½ teaspoon dry rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ⅓ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juice of (do not discard used lemon halves)
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- More fresh rosemary for garnish
In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, brown sugar, and white wine vinegar. Set aside for now.
Pat the chicken pieces dry. Rub the chicken with the minced garlic on both sides (make sure to apply some of the garlic underneath the chicken skins). Season well with salt and pepper. Combine the rosemary and paprika then apply to the chicken pieces on both sides and again underneath the skin.
In a large bowl or deep enough dish, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar. Now add the chicken, celery, onions, and used lemon halves. Work everything together with clean hands. Set aside to marinate just for 15 minutes or so.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet. Place the chicken skin side down to brown on medium-high for 5 minutes. Turn over and brown on the other side.
Place the chicken, onions, celery, lemon halves and any liquid from the marinade in a lightly oiled baking pan. Add ½ cup water or chicken broth, then add the sugared cranberries.