The Forsythia x Intermedia 'Lynwood Variety' - 'Lynwood Variety' Forsythia, also referred to as 'Golden Bells' or 'Lynwood Gold', is a fast growing deciduous flowering shrub that grows in an upright, arching form. Known for its long, arching branches and bright, large yellow flowers that bloom in early spring. Grows dark green, coarsely toothed, ovate leaves either simultaneously or after the flowers have bloomed. During autumn, their foliage becomes a bright yellow with orange and red hues before dropping their leaves for the winter. Produces small, non-ornamental brown fruits that birds love once blooming season is over.
- This 'Lynwood Variety' Forsythia comes in a 1 Gallon pot
- Size: Mature size can reach 8'- 10' x 8'- 12'
- Light: Full sun to partial shade
- Hardiness zone: 6-9 View Map
- Characteristics: Grows quickly and vigorously in either an upright or arching form, with possibilities for sucker shoots. Blooms in early spring with large yellow flowers sometimes prior to foliage emerging. In autumn, leaves become a yellow-green shade with hues of orange to purple. Attracts bird and butterflies.
Growth Rate: Fast
- Soil, Water, Fertilize: Moist, fertile, well-draining soil with the pH 65 - 7.5. Tolerant to deer, clay soil, black walnut. Prune mid-July after blooming period to promote growth and shape the shrub. Fertilize sparingly from early spring to summer during blooming/growth period.
*Plants cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.
*Plants ship dormant in winter months.
*Pictures shown are of mature plants and not what you will receive.