The Kawnzan cherry is the most popular cultivar of all the double-flowering cherries, thanks to its stunning pink blossoms, good fall color, lack of fruit, and vase-shaped form. It is a splendid specimen that can be planted in containers, along walks and streets, and in buffer strips. The Kwanzan cherry can even be used as a bonsai tree.
- This Kwanzan Flowering Cherry - Prunus serrulata 'Kwanzan' comes in a 3 pack of 2" cups or a 1 Gallon pot.
- Size: Mature size can reach up to 40ft in height and width.
- Light: Full sun is ideal. Needs at least six hours of direct sun light
- Hardiness Zone: Grows best in zones 4 - 8 View map
- Characteristics: Has a limited life span of 15 -25 years. Grows 15"-24" a year. Produces deep pink double flowers from April to May. Has alternating leaves with an ovate and lanceolate shape. Does not produce fruit. Grows in a vase like shape Can be used to bonsai.
- Soil, Water, Fertilize: The Kwanzan cherry grows in acidic, alkaline, loamy, sandy, well-drained, wet and clay soils. While it prefers moist conditions, the tree is somewhat drought-tolerant.
*Due to California Department of Agriculture we can not ship this item to the state of California.
*We cannot send plants to Alaska or Hawaii.
*Pictures shown are of mature plants and not what you will receive.