This Ilex 'Nellie R. Stevens' - Nellie R Stevens Holly Tree is a vigorous, dense, pyramidal growing evergreen with leathery dark green leaves foliage with small spiked edging. During the winter time light green berries that mature into orange-red berries bring a pop of color against the dense foliage. Birds are attracted to its fruit and will be a good food supply during the colder months.
- Plant 5'-6' apart.
- Does not need to be cross-pollinated by other hollies, but will improve the production of the berries.
- Small, insignificant yellow flowers.
- This Nellie R Stevens Holly Tree comes in a 1 Gallon pot.
- Size: Mature size can reach 15' - 25' x 5' - 10'
- Light: Full to partial sun
- Hardiness zone: 6-9 View map
- Characteristics: Grows in a pyramidal shape. Evergreen boxwood. Develops round red fruit in winter months. Pruning is easy to do and encouraged for shaping.
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Soil, Water, Fertilize: Moist, rich, but is adaptable to all types of well draining soils with the pH 5.5-6.5. Tolerant to moderate drought once roots have been established. Feed with a general purpose fertilizer in spring.
*We cannot send plants to Alaska or Hawaii.
*Plants ship dormant in winter months.
*Pictures shown are of mature plants and not what you will receive.