The Hibiscus Syriacus 'Pink' - 'Pink' Rose of Sharon, commonly called 'Shrub Althea Pink' or 'Hibiscus Pink', is a compact, vase-shaped, dense, multi-stemmed deciduous shrub with broad, ovate green foliage and eye-catching, blush pink flowers. In late spring, the foliage emerges a pale yellow green that later matures into of lush medium green. From early summer to late fall, this long blooming, vigorous growing shrub is adorned with showy, heavily ruffled, vivid pink flowers with a dark crimson throat and protruding, tube-shaped stamens. Since this cultivar is sterile it will not self-seed without another, but less seeds mean more flowers will bloom.
- Allow 3'-5' when planting for growth.
- Prefers full sun for better blooms.
- Can easily be trained into a small tree.
- Can be grown in a container.
- Attracts butterflies, hummingbirds and pollinators.
- This 'Pink' Rose of Sharon comes in a 1 Gallon pot.
- Size: Mature size can reach up to 8'-12' x 6'-10'
- Light: Full sun to partial shade.
- Hardiness Zone: 5 - 8 View Map
- Characteristics: Grows in a dense, vase-shape with multi-stemmed branches decorated with leathery green foliage and showy, heavily ruffled, pink flowers in early spring. Attracts hummingbirds, butterflies and pollinators. Little to no maintenance.
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Soil, Water, Fertilize: Average, well draining soil with the pH 5.5 - 7.5. Tolerant to deer, poor soils, drought, heat and humidity. Fairly pest and disease free. Regular watering is recommended in areas with drought/extreme heat. All purpose fertilize. Pruning recommended for shaping in spring.
*Plants cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.
*Plants ship dormant in winter months.
*Pictures shown are of mature plants and not what you will receive.