The Acer Saccharum - Sugar Maple tree is a must have for the showy colors it has in the fall. They are great to line along your road or driveway. Leaves show a brilliant color array of orange and red in the fall. Not only are these trees beautiful but they produce a syrup that is great to use. Make sure to get this tree to brighten up your yard.
- This Sugar Maple Tree comes in a 1 Gallon pot
- Size: Mature size can reach 60'- 75' x 40'- 50'
- Light: Full sun to partial shade
- Hardiness zone: 3-8 View map
- Characteristics: Grows in an rounded or oval shape with a dense crown. Blooms attract pollinators while the berries and structure attract birds. This shrub is typically found along rivers and swampy wetlands and does not thrive in hot and humid environments. Generally disease and pest free under the right conditions.
Growth Rate: Slow to medium
- Soil, Water, Fertilize: Moist, deep, well-draining soil with the pH 6.0 - 8.0. Tolerant to moderate drought. Pruning in late winter during dormancy can promote brighter colored growth and shapes the shrub, but is not necessary.
*Plants cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.
*Plants ship dormant in winter months.
*Pictures shown are of mature plants and not what you will receive.