The Quercus Bicolor - Swamp White Oak Tree is a striking specimen typically found growing near wet, swampy areas near bodies of water. Although they have been found to tolerate compacted soil and even moderate drought. These trees feature dark green long, sinuate, leathery leaves with silvery-white underside and attractive peeling gray bark. This moderate growing long living tree can be enjoyed for generations to come.
- This Swamp white Oak Tree comes in a 1 Gallon pot
- Size: Mature size can reach 50'- 60' x 50'- 60'
- Light: Full sun.
- Hardiness zone: 4-8 View Map
- Native to North America
- Characteristics: This deciduous shade tree grows in a rounded shape. Has leathery green leaves with silvery-white underside, attractive gray peeling bark, brown acorns and inconspicuous blooms in spring. Attracts wildlife. Leaves can become yellow with green veins if the soil is not acidic enough.
Growth Rate: Moderate
- Soil, Water, Fertilize: Moist, acidic, well-draining soil with the pH 5.0 - 7.4. Tolerant to compacted soils and drought. Prune in late winter to promote growth and shape the tree. Fertilize in early spring.
*Plants cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.
*Plants ship dormant in winter months.
*Pictures shown are of mature plants and not what you will receive.