*Plants cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.
*Plants ship dormant in winter months.
*Images shown of mature plants.
Serving as the state tree of Kentucky, Indiana and Tennessee, the Tulip Poplar tree is a beautiful, fast growing, shade tree. The Tulip flowers give you a delightful fragrance of nectar. The nectar attracts birds and other small wildlife. If you are a wildlife lover then you need to add this tree to your landscape. Leaves are light green in the summer then turn to a bright yellow during the fall.
The Tulip Poplar Tree grows about 40 feet wide and is highly resistant to disease and insects. This tree is very easy to grow and highly adaptable to a variety of soils, even grows in wet soil. In open areas, the Tulip poplar usually grows into a cone shape.
- You are purchasing an Tulip Poplar Tree - 1 Gallon
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Hardy, healthy, established roots
- Considered a shade and ornamental tree
- Native to North America
- Thick, spreading canopy provides excellent shade
- Aromatic stems
- Attracts hummingbirds
- Great accent or specimen tree for its beauty and visual interest
- Year-round interest
- Ships in a pot with soil
- Ready for immediate shipping
- Mature Size (H x W): 70'-90' X 40'
- Soil: Rich, moist, acidic well-drained soil; loamy, sandy, clay
- Hardiness Zones: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Wide-canopy of 4-lobed bright green leaves, 3"-6" long", turn a golden yellow in the fall
- Bloom Color: Large, showy flowers; greenish-yellow petals with a splash of orange at the base
- Fruit: Colorful seeds attracting birds and small mammals
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Tolerance: Rabbit, deer and clay soil